Client: US Navy
Location: Point Loma, San Diego, CA
Awarded: Sep 2008
This project will replace fuel storage tanks for the Navy at Defense Fuel Supply Point (DFSP) Pt. Loma in San Diego to include the following:
- Construct 8 each 125,000-barrel multi-product fuel storage tanks (aboveground steel fuel storage tanks), fuel distribution piping, pumphouse, fuel oil reclamation (FOR) facilities including 10,000 barrel and 25,000 barrel aboveground storage tanks, and a lube oil storage and dispensing system.
- Work includes: fuel tanker truck loading and unloading stations, fuel icing inhibitor injection system, and pier-side operations control tower building.
- Site preparations and improvements include extensive earthwork operations, earth retaining structures, pavements, storm and sanitary sewers, sedimentation basins, fencing, site lighting, electrical distribution systems, and emergency power generators.
- Relocate small security office and improve secondary entrance gate for truck traffic to accommodate new work.
- Demolish or close 30 aboveground or underground storage tanks, totaling greater than one million barrels of storage capacity, plus 20 other FOR and lube oil tanks of varying sizes.
- Project includes extensive remediation of fuel contaminated soil, automated fuel handling and tank gauging equipment, and physical security equipment funded by other appropriations.